Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Israel strikes Beirut Airport

Israel has now for the first time in 6 years crossed into Lebanon territory attacking several targets, and then also taking out all 3 of its airport runways. I wonder if there is now no turning back in the Middle East. I hope rational minds will prevail in this extremely trying time, but I think there are only bad roads ahead.

I do not see how a peaceful resolution to this will be possible. Iran will surely protest, most likely increase funding to radical groups, and possibly just get right into the mix of it all. Many in the Middle East are sure to find this incredibly offensive, and anger is the last thing the region needs more of.

Whatever road is taken at this point, I wonder if the last turn off for peace was just passed by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home